Helping your favorite local small business or nonprofit ease their stress is a feeling like no other. Or perhaps folks we care about, who are stressed about their financial wellbeing. That’s what we do at OnaWay, our Certified Public Accounting firm and we need help serving these great people. With over 1500 clients and two locations we offer the opportunity and environment of a modern firm but have the camaraderie of a small team. We are strong and stable in this covid world.
Enjoy our brand new office in trendy Northampton, while using the best technology to serve your favorite locally owned business or individual take control of their money so they can live better. We do this by offering advisory, tax, accounting and coaching to our clients, developing lasting relationships through thick and thin. We are dedicated to living and serving those in our hometowns, being loyal teammates and serious about our careers.
This could be a full or part time position and can accommodate working in our main office in Northampton, Mass, our satellite office in Greenfield as well as some remote time. We’re open to exploring a mutually beneficial arrangement for the right person. Tax season OT is required but has sweet perks like lots of summer time off!
The mission of our Tax Manager is to maintain client relationships and provide tax advice on a variety of topics. You will play a leadership role in our firm, helping make us better and our quest towards everyone having a healthy work-life world. This is an excellent opportunity to step into a role as our senior tax partner begins to lighten his load towards retirement future.
Senior leaders at OnaWay love people, are hardworking, dedicated and driven by strong morals. This role is ideal for someone who is serious about their career, loves local community, wants something other than a large corporate setting, and seeks direct impact work. You will be given (and responsible) for managing your own client base. If hierarchy is limiting you, there is plenty of variety and room for growth at OnaWay.
- Manage client relationships
- Prepare individual, business & nonprofit income tax returns
- Prepare compilation & review financial statements
- Review tax returns and financial statements and train
- Assist clients in improving accounting procedures (usually with Quickbooks)
- Tax planning
- Learn and grow your tax & accounting knowledge in an ever changing environment and keep the team informed
- Business valuation assistance
- Work with Managing Partner on firm improvements
Knowledge: Serious technical brainpower and the ability to communicate in an easy to understand manner in the area of tax and accounting is the way to win in this role. Must have significant prior tax experience in public accounting.
Communication: Must be an excellent communicator. Part of OnaWay’s success is that we are personable. This is not a behind the scenes number crunching job. While that’s part of our days, communicating takes up a large and important part. Public accounting is fast paced, you’ll be required to keep track of the status of multiple open jobs and follow-up in a respectful, appropriate manner keeping the job moving along.
High Level of Discretion: You will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity is a must. You will know these local clients, keeping their privacy safe is paramount.
Anticipating Needs: Everyone wants someone who can take off their already full plate. Be that person.
Affinity for Technology: Must be technologically savvy and not intimidated by the new. We spare no expense on technology and have plenty of it. Proficiency in the following tech platforms is ideal: Office365, Quickbooks, Gusto, Thomson Reuters accounting and tax programs (UltraTax, WorkpaperCS, PracticeCS, FixedAssetCS and FileCabinet).
- Education: Accounting degree required, CPA license a plus but not required
- Experience: 8+ years public accounting experience in tax a must. Non-public accounting will not be considered.
- Job Type: Salary, flexibility in hours outside of tax season considered
- Benefits include: For FT employees - health, company paid LT disability & life insurance, SimpleIRA with 3% match, generous PTO, flex schedule, partial remote work potential, comp time.
- Start Date: flexible
To apply, please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter, share your story
OnaWay is a local, woman owned business.